November 02, 2011

C4K Summary Post

6.) My comment for kid this week was on Krishant and Sienna. The blog post was titled "This Week and a Tale of Twitter." The blog post contained two videos, one from Krishant and one from Sienna. Krishant's video was on "Steve The Superhero" in this video Krishant did a great job on reading and making moves that went along with the book he chose. Sienna did her video on "Worms," she too did a great job reading and acting out her book.

My name is Mallory Moon. I am in edm310 this semester at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed watching Krishant recital of "Steve The Superhero." He did a great job! He seemed to be a little camera shy but he did not let it bother him. I enjoyed his hand motions as well. He spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.
I also really liked Sienna recital of "Worms." She to did a great job. I can see how they were both winners last year. They both did a great job!


Junior School Poetry Recital 2nd Place from Lynne Laburn on Vimeo.

Junior School Poetry Recital from Lynne Laburn on Vimeo.


7.) My next kid was Matthew. He is in Mrs. Gregory's 6th grade class. He was blog post that week was about science. His post talked about gamma ray and what it is. I love how he included that he had looked up information about it. That shows that is what interested in it and wanted to learn more. As an upcoming teacher I love to hear things like that! Matthew also posted a great picture on his blog post. It was great to actually be able to see what he was talking about and describing.

My name is Mallory and I am a student in edm310 this semester. I go to the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. By reading your blog post I learned something that I did not know. I did not know that a ray gives out as much light that the sun does for twenty years. Sounds like you and your class has learned a lot so far this year. That’s great! I hope you are enjoying school. Keep up the good work.


8.) Nathan was another kid that I got to comment on. On his blog post we had written a science project. The thing that I found most interesting was that he put each part of the science project into the scientific method. For each step of his project was the scientific method beside it. I think it is great that students are being taught how to use the scientific method in really life projects. I believe that it shows the students the importance of it. Nathan did a great job on explaining the science project.

Hey Nathan,
My name is Mallory. I am a student in edm310 this semester at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post on your science project. I see that your learning about the scientific method. That's great. Maybe one day when I have my own classroom I can teach your science project to my students. I hope you are having a good year in school. Keep up the good work!

9.) Jalen is also a student that I was able to comment on her blog. She is one of 29 students in her Room 10 class. Her class is in Auckland, New Zealand. I love the fact that her teacher has made a class blog for her students to put their work on. I think it's great that Jalen's teacher wants not only friends and family, but the world to see her students' work. For Jalen's blog post she created animation. It was a video she made using Hyperstudio. The video was great and I enjoyed watching it!

Hey,
My name is Mallory. I am an edm310 student at the University of South Alabama. Ms. Lavakula you have done a great job on teaching your students how to use technology in the classroom. To Jalen you did a great job on this blog post. I love you animation in the Australian Outback. Enjoy school and keep up the great work!

10.) My comment this week was on Mr. McClung's 8th Grade World. I commented on his blog post for Oct. 31, 2011. It was a video titled "Lonely Boy." This video was great it not only had music but also had a man dancing and singing along. Mr. McClung picks a band of the week and for this week it was Black Keys. The Black Keys is a duo. Dan Auerbach is the vocalist and guitarist and Patrick Carney is the drummer and producer. I had never heard of the Black Keys before, but after watching this video it makes me want to research and find more music from them. By the way, they have a new album being released on December 6, 2011, check it out. I am glad a was able to watch this video on them.

Mr. McClung,
I am an edm310 student at the University of South Alabama. I want to start off by saying that I have really enjoyed visiting your class blog. I also enjoyed watching the band of the week, The Black Keys. It was a great video. Good choice! I had never heard of this duo before now, but after watching and listening to that video it makes me eager to google and find more of there music. I wanted to also let you know that I think it is great that your class have blog. Technology is such a great learning tool for the classroom. All students should be using some type of it. I hope to one day use technology, such as computers and smart boards in my classroom.
Mallory Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment