October 05, 2011

Summary Post C4T #2

1.) I was assigned to read Ms. Mary Worrell's blog post " Paper Reinforcers"

I enjoyed reading this blog post. It was neat how Ms. Worrell first started off by talking about how her school was without technology. She used paper reinforcers as a metaphor for technology. Before technology and especially computers, everything was done with pen and paper. Now that we have all of this nice, new technology it is another learning tool for students in the classroom. Students today have never lived without technology. It is part of their everyday lives. I believe technology is a great thing. I love technology but there are still those few things I would rather do with pen and paper.

Ms. Worrell also talked about in her blog post and podcast. She described and discussed a few ways that she has used podcast in her classroom. She believes podcast are a great new way of technology. I told her how I have never podcast before this edm310 class, and still do not know much about them and how much they can do. From what I have heard from friends and teachers, podcast is a great form of technology. Teachers can record books for the children to listen and follow along in their books. I hope to one day use podcast in my classroom!





2.) I was assigned to read Ms. Mary Worrell's blog post " Reading the gender binary"

Ms. Worrell explained the differences between boys and girls in all aspects, not just the learning and schooling part. She discussed how the times have changed in the fact that boys and girls are coming out as whoever they are. They are not letting what other people think of them affect them. Boys are coming out as gay. Girls might even be "girl-friendly" or tom boyish. Children are going to be who they are and not let other people affect them.

Children are complex as they explore their identities. Are are misconceptions that girls are better readers than boys, but that is not always true. Every child has different strengths and weaknesses. The classroom should be one place where every child comes for the same thing, to learn. It should not matter race, religion, nor culture. Every child should feel welcome and comfortable in the classroom.

I am glad I got to read Ms. Worrell's blog post. It was something that I read and re-read to understand and consider for my classroom. I want my classroom to be all about learning. I want it to be fun and exciting so my students will want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment