September 09, 2011

Summary Post C4T #1

1.) I was assigned to read Mr. Scott McLeod's post, "Is this the year?"

Mr. McLeod's blog post was director to principals and superintendents. It discussed the importance of technology in the classroom and how important it is that student's today get to learn and use technology. His post talked about all aspects of technology. It explained how technology can help students interact with other students, just not face-to-face. Mr. McLeod also discussed from a teachers point of view of how teachers can do lessons online instead of using text books.

While writing on Mr. McLeod's blog post I mentioned some points that related to my life. I think that technology is a great thing to have in classrooms. I believe that first the teachers should have to know how to use it, because if they don't how will they teach their students how to. New technology is coming out everyday. I think schools should invest in the latest technology for their students. I will definitely try and use the latest technology in my classroom one day!




2.) I was assigned to read Mr. Scott McLeod's blog post "Schools, technology, test scores, and the New York Times"

In this blog Mr. McLeod talked about how technology affected a lot of different aspects of life. Technology is all around us. One of the first things he says is that it is hard to test many skills by a paper test. Some students need the hands on visuals, while others do best with pencil and paper. Personally I have never been a good test taker, but if given something visual I'll do much better. Students learn all different ways. Next Mr. McLeod discusses how the schools do not have enough support from school districts, not only with money for technology, but with help on how to use it. Much of the technology that is just coming out many school teachers do not know how to use. He ends by talking about the future of technology and how its a digital world out there. There are so many jobs today that use technology. Students have got to know how to use it.

I enjoyed reading this blog post by Mr. McLeod. It was very interesting and he made a lot of good points. People Have to wake up and realize that technology is not just going to fade away one day. It is here to stay! The first thing that has to change is the fact that schools need to be technology advanced. Meaning that schools need to spend money on getting the latest technology into the classroom for the students to use. I understand that a lot of the newest technology most teachers do not know about or do not know how to use. Teachers should go to workshops or there should be people in the school there to help those teachers. That's one good reason that I'm still in school learning how to use all of this new technology, because there is a lot of new technology out that I do not know how to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment