September 30, 2011

C4K Summary Post

My first kid I got the joy of reading her blog post was mg2011 from Mr. Stephen Wolf's 3rd grade class. Her blog post was right after the school year had started. So, she was still talking about what I great summer she had. She talked about what fun things she got to do while on summer break. One thing that was very interesting was the fact that she was able to go the blue bell ice cream factory. I love blue bell ice cream and that it would be nice to get the chance to go to the factory. She is in the 3rd grade this year. I told her to have a great year and to learn and enjoy school. I also reminded her to make friends, have fun, and make good grades. The good grades will pay off in the future!


My next student was Dana from St. Elmo's school. Dana's post was a letter to Lucky Buffet thanking her for providing Dana's class with iPads. Lucky Buffet had donated to Dana's class a set of iPads for the students to use in the classroom. Dana and her classmates all wrote Ms. Buffet letters thanking her for the iPads. I think that is so generous of Ms. Buffet. IPads are a great source of new technology for the students. All of this technology was not around when I was in elementary and I think that it is great that kids now days have it to use. The world today is technology advance.

Alex was also a kid that I got to comment on his blog. He was new to blog just like I was a few weeks ago. The first assigned him and his classmates had was to make an avatar. I did not know at first what an avatar was until after seeing and reading about it on Alex's blog. It was neat to learn something new from a kid. Suppose ably a person goes to a web site and can design their own to look any way they want it to. Its really a neat assigned for kids. It can show their creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes. We can learn from everyone. Even 3rd graders.

    You have at least 3 typos. See if you can find them.

    I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    ReplyDelete