September 09, 2011

Blog Post #3

1.) What is Peer Editing?

Peer Editing is when class mates edit other class mates work. It is very useful and helpful for students. By letting other people read and review your work, one they might see a mistake that you did not see, and two it is another person's opinion before the teacher reads it. When peer editing there are three steps to follow: 1) Compliments- Always remember to be nice. Give compliments where needed and keep in mind you would not want someone else being ugly about your paper. 2) Suggestions- Suggestions are a great thing. Suggestions are suggest things as missed spelled works, run on sentences and wrong use of words. Suggestions do not always have to be bad. Let the person know what to improve and me nice about it. 3) Corrections- Corrections are the last step in the editing process. Corrections are the most important. Show a person how they could make their paper better. Make changes! I have used peer editing many times and it is truly helpful. My class mates show me things on my paper that I have missed and help me improve my paper. ~Just Remember to stay positive~

2.) Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes

While watching the video "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes" I realized that peer editing is a good thing, but can cause some problems at the same time. A student must be open to suggests and keep an open mind when peer editing. The editor has to be positive, but not pushy. The student that is getting his/her paper edited needs to listen and take the advance of the editor. Now that I have watched these two videos on peer editing I have got to see two different views of peer editing. Although, I still believe peer editing is a good idea, I now see it does have some down falls.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mallory!

    You did a good post on peer-editing, so you had that part of Blog Post #3 covered. Awesome.

    However, you also needed to do the rest of the assignment. I can't really leave a quality comment because of that, but I'm going to try.

    You seem to have some trouble with small grammar issues, and that is okay. There are a few things you can do to fix that.
    1) Type your post in a Microsoft Word document. That program usually catches more common mistakes.
    2) Read your post out loud before hitting the Post button. Just doing that alone is always a good practice. Even if you're writing a paper, because when you're having to actually speak what you've written, you catch issues that you would have otherwise skimmed right over simply reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bailey. I am going to try and edited my post to fix the mistakes and make it better.

    ReplyDelete