August 26, 2011

Blog Post #1

1. Hi! I’m Mallory Moon. I was born and raised in a little city right outside of Mobile called Satsuma. I love living in a small town and would not change it. Being a southern girl, I love to go to the beach. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing tennis and making blankets. My family is the best! My parents are always there for me no matter what the situation. My mom is who I have always turned to for advice. While growing up I was the biggest daddy’s girl in the world. I have one older sister, Miranda. She just recently graduated and is now a RN. As we have gotten older our relationship has grown and we are very close. In October 2010 I met a very important person “George” whom I have been dating now for 10 months. He is always there for me and he is my best friend. 

I graduated from Satsuma High, Class of ’09. After graduation I attended Faulkner State Community College to get my basic classes. I am now a junior and starting my first semester here at South. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a teacher. I used to play school and teach my teddy bears. My passion has always been to teach elementary age kids. I believe kids are eager to learn and that u can make a great impact on their lives at this age.

Randy Pausch's Time Management
2. Randy Pausch was a professor who taught computer science at the Carnegie Mellon University. Pausch was an intellectual who was humorous, cracking jokes while offering valuable advice of life. In his time management lecture, he gave a number of ways in which people can work out and plan their activities. Some of the strategies I liked in his lecture include the deadline rubric, which I feel is an important habit. Next would be the time journals, which shows you what you do with your time. An essential to success, as Randy Pausch's says, is planning. Also, scheduling oneself and then deciding on making time for the important things will help a person very much. He also learns to sacrifice time for the stuff that actually do not matter to him. As he explains, nobody has more or less time but it is how one uses his time that gets more or less of his work done.



2 comments:

  1. I am also from a small town in Birmingham, Alabama. My town is Trussville. Like you I would not trade my small town life for anything and as soon as I graduate I plan to go back to my small town life. I also believe that you can impact kids life at a young age and how we teach them now will impact how they view school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! We will watch Dr. Pausch's The Last Lecture later this semester.

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete